UCCS is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation is vital for UCCS' continued ability to attract high-quality students and faculty.
An HLC team visited UCCS November 14-15, 2016 as part of the accreditation process. The team consisted of faculty from other universities with experience in evaluating campuses on a set of criteria. The visit by that team was part of an overall evaluation process to ensure the quality of the degrees and programs offered by the university. The visit also provided an opportunity for faculty, staff and students to revisit the UCCS role, mission and plans for the future.
Campus community members are encouraged to become familiar with the research and documents prepared for the HLC accreditation process.
Specialized Accreditation for Colleges and Programs
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Chemical Society
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
Our HLC Status
UCCS is accredited through the North Central Association of the Higher Learning Commission. Our most recent accreditation renewal occurred in 2016 and the previous was in 2006.
HLC's address is 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 in Chicago, IL 60604. Telephone 800-621-7440.